It was about a year ago that I first shared a snapshot of GCpedia. Here’s an update.
Home page has gone through a major revision and is now much simpler.
Click the thumbnails to see full size:
As of 28 April 2010 at approx 11 am, GCpedia consisted of:
- 43 632 total pages (including talk pages, stubs, redirects and such)
- 6675 pages that are described as “probably legitimate content”
- 11 646 files uploaded
- 3.27 million page views
- 224 486 edits
- 14 539 registered users
More or less, there’s about 3 times as much stuff — in terms of total pages, total edits and registered users.
File uploads have boomed — more than 4 times as many as there were a year back.
And lurking is up dramatically too — 4.6 times as many page views as last year.
Interesting that distinction between “probably legitimate content” and total content — I’d say talk pages are just as legitimate as “proper” articles in this environment.
Most Viewed Pages
- Main Page (337,317)
- Category:Welcome template (66,411)
- Category:Communities (55,932)
- Category:Project (17,231)
- Applying Leading-Edge Technology Working Group – Le groupe de travail sur la mise en oeuvre des technologies de pointe (15,812)
- Information management community (15,016)
- Help:Getting Started (12,933)
- Web Accessibility and Common Look and Feel (CLF) (10,630)
- Information technology innovation campaign (10,310)
- National inventory of bridgeable students (10,026)