Seems like there’s another wave of Twitter love going on, or maybe it’s just me.
Here’s a quick survey of neato Twitter-themed stuff that I’ve witnessed in the last little while …
- Twitter-as-schoolyard – great answer to the ever-popular “what is Twitter”? question from @blowski – the playground or schoolyard analogy for what Twitter feels like is much less icky than soylent green (!)
- Twitter as breaking news – BL Ochman ponders the live tweet phenonenon, using the example of someone live tweeting from a plane where a fellow passenger was removed by police officers for apparently uttering a bomb threat – tweets summarized here. (spotted via @michaelocc’s Uninstalled)
- Twitter as breaking news again – photojourno @jamesbuck uses Twitter to alert the world to his arrest at a political demonstration in Egypt. Quite the story actually – more info here.
- Twitter as irresistable – @gapingvoid tries to quit Twitter, but finds he cannot resist crawling back into its suffocating embrace – @fimoculous notes that “unquitting” has become a bit of a trend.
- Twitter as (not quite yet) a business – Dave Fleet wondering whether Twitter will introduce adverts, a rumour that @biz from Twitter central debunks quickly. Does beg the question of what’s going to happen to Twitter